More teenagers joining terrorists in Russia
Moscow: The average age of newly-recruited Islamist militants in Russia`s volatile North Caucasus region is on a constant decrease, with more and more teenagers joining the terrorists, a presidential envoy said.
"These days, the insurgency is already drawing on 17 to 18-year-old boys, fresh out of school," said Alexander Khloponin, the Kremlin`s envoy to the North Caucasus.
In 2008, the average age of militants killed in the North Caucasus stood between 19 and 23 years, according to official data.
Though law enforcement officials have eliminated many terrorist leaders in recent years, the insurgency`s recruiting system is still functioning, thriving on the youth who have "not yet sorted out their feelings", Khloponin said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets