Mortar attacks kill 15 across Syria
Damascus: At least 15 people were killed Sunday in different parts of Syria in multiple mortar attacks by armed militant groups, local media reported.
Eight people were killed when mortar shells landed near the Sheikh Daher Square and the entrance of the Hanano marketplace in Syria`s Latakia province, Xinhua reported.
Two people, including a schoolgirl, were killed by mortar shelling on the Kabbas district of Damascus and the vicinity of the Ministry of High Education in the Jamarek area.
In Homs province, four people were killed by mortar attacks against the districts of Hamra, Insha`at, al-Khudur and the Karm al-Shami.
In another incident, a man was killed by a mortar attack against Busra city in Daraa province.
Over 100,000 people have been killed and millions displaced since rebels started to fight against the Syrian government in March 2011.
- DNA: 7-year-old girl from Bandipora praises Indian Army; shames people running Kashmir agenda
- DNA: Today in History | April 28, 2016
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Watch: NASA's Curiosity Mars rover crosses rugged plateau!
- IPL 2016: Usman Khawaja comes in for injured Faf du Plessis for Rising Pune Sunrisers
- Tragic! Girl cracks IIT-JEE but kills herself as she didn’t want to be engineer
- Roger Federer signs up for Madrid Masters
- Cash is not always king: FIFA chief Gianni Infantino hails Leicester `fairytale`