Muslim Brotherhood`s spokesperson held in Cairo
Cairo: A spokesperson of former president Mohamed Morsi`s Muslim Brotherhood party was arrested here on Tuesday along with two other party members. He is facing charges of inciting violence and murdering protesters.
Gehad El-Haddad, who is facing charges of inciting violence and murdering protesters, has been the main figure who was in touch with the foreign media before Morsi was ousted. He was detained in an apartment in Nasr City, Xinhua reported.
His father Essam El-Haddad, former presidential advisor on foreign affairs, has been imprisoned incommunicado along with Morsi after he was overthrown July 3 by the military in the wake of nationwide protests.
Another two Brotherhood officials, Morsi-era governor of Qalyoubia province Hossam Abu El-Bakr and Mahamoud Abu Zeid, a member of the group`s executive board, were detained along with El- Haddad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani