Muslim Brotherhood`s spokesperson held in Cairo
Cairo: A spokesperson of former president Mohamed Morsi`s Muslim Brotherhood party was arrested here on Tuesday along with two other party members. He is facing charges of inciting violence and murdering protesters.
Gehad El-Haddad, who is facing charges of inciting violence and murdering protesters, has been the main figure who was in touch with the foreign media before Morsi was ousted. He was detained in an apartment in Nasr City, Xinhua reported.
His father Essam El-Haddad, former presidential advisor on foreign affairs, has been imprisoned incommunicado along with Morsi after he was overthrown July 3 by the military in the wake of nationwide protests.
Another two Brotherhood officials, Morsi-era governor of Qalyoubia province Hossam Abu El-Bakr and Mahamoud Abu Zeid, a member of the group`s executive board, were detained along with El- Haddad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez