Myanmar`s President visits Thailand
Bangkok: Myanmar’s President U Thein Sein arrived in Thailand`s capital of Bangkok on Sunday for a three-day visit to boost bilateral ties.
Thein Sein is scheduled to meet with Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, who had just returned on Sunday from a visit to Germany and France, on Monday. They are expected to talk about cooperation in developing the Dawei deep-sea port, a mega project of over USD 13 billion in southeastern Myanmar.
They are also likely to touch on the fate of some 500,000 undocumented Myanmar migrant workers in Thailand as well as about 92 Thai nationals detained in Myanmar for encroaching on Myanmar territory, according to Thai media reports and sources in Myanmar.
This is Thein Sein`s first official visit to Thailand after he became President in March last year. Myanmar and Thailand are neighbouring countries with extensive social and economic ties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday