Myanmar`s President visits Thailand
Bangkok: Myanmar’s President U Thein Sein arrived in Thailand`s capital of Bangkok on Sunday for a three-day visit to boost bilateral ties.
Thein Sein is scheduled to meet with Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, who had just returned on Sunday from a visit to Germany and France, on Monday. They are expected to talk about cooperation in developing the Dawei deep-sea port, a mega project of over USD 13 billion in southeastern Myanmar.
They are also likely to touch on the fate of some 500,000 undocumented Myanmar migrant workers in Thailand as well as about 92 Thai nationals detained in Myanmar for encroaching on Myanmar territory, according to Thai media reports and sources in Myanmar.
This is Thein Sein`s first official visit to Thailand after he became President in March last year. Myanmar and Thailand are neighbouring countries with extensive social and economic ties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video