Nearly 150 dead in Nigeria floods
Abuja: Nearly 150 people have died in rain-triggered floods in Nigeria, the Nigerian Red Cross Society said Tuesday.
Twenty-one states have been affected and some 64,000 people have become homeless due to the flooding, Umar Mairiga, the head of the Red Cross` disaster management said.
Heavy rains in recent weeks caused widespread destruction and forced many to flee to their homes. About 134,000 people have been affected.
Mairiga said concern was growing about the spread of waterborne diseases like cholera.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India