Nearly 150 dead in Nigeria floods
Abuja: Nearly 150 people have died in rain-triggered floods in Nigeria, the Nigerian Red Cross Society said Tuesday.
Twenty-one states have been affected and some 64,000 people have become homeless due to the flooding, Umar Mairiga, the head of the Red Cross` disaster management said.
Heavy rains in recent weeks caused widespread destruction and forced many to flee to their homes. About 134,000 people have been affected.
Mairiga said concern was growing about the spread of waterborne diseases like cholera.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees