Nelson Mandela admitted to hospital
Johannesburg: Former South African president Nelson Mandela has been admitted to a hospital in Pretoria "to undergo tests".
Mandela will undergo routine medical check as he has always done so in the past, presidential spokesman Mac Maharaj said in a statement.
Mandela turned 94 on July 18, Xinhua reported.
Mandela, who was imprisoned for 27 years during the apartheid, was elected the country`s first black president in 1994.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan