`Ninja` bus tour set to kick off in Tokyo
Tokyo: Japan`s biggest travel agency is launching a bus tour with some decidedly homegrown touches -- a flying ninja and sword-carrying samurai.
The one-hour "Samurai & Ninja Safari" tour around the Japanese capital features a bilingual guide pointing out key sights and then a roll around the historic Asakusa district where streetside performers jump out of the shadows.
When the tour launches next month, visitors will be treated to some mortal combat between the all-in-black ninja and his samurai rival, according to travel agency JTB and partner event-planning firm SGRS.
"As the samurai and ninja battle in Asakusa, passengers can enjoy it from inside the bus -- it`s a moving theatre," Kazuhiro Kumade, deputy president of SGRS, said before a media preview Wednesday.
Tickets for seats with the best view of the action cost 6,900 yen ($68) apiece.
The ride is loosely modelled on New York`s popular The Ride bus route, which bills itself as "equal parts theatrical show and immersive tour".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened