`Ninja` bus tour set to kick off in Tokyo
Tokyo: Japan`s biggest travel agency is launching a bus tour with some decidedly homegrown touches -- a flying ninja and sword-carrying samurai.
The one-hour "Samurai & Ninja Safari" tour around the Japanese capital features a bilingual guide pointing out key sights and then a roll around the historic Asakusa district where streetside performers jump out of the shadows.
When the tour launches next month, visitors will be treated to some mortal combat between the all-in-black ninja and his samurai rival, according to travel agency JTB and partner event-planning firm SGRS.
"As the samurai and ninja battle in Asakusa, passengers can enjoy it from inside the bus -- it`s a moving theatre," Kazuhiro Kumade, deputy president of SGRS, said before a media preview Wednesday.
Tickets for seats with the best view of the action cost 6,900 yen ($68) apiece.
The ride is loosely modelled on New York`s popular The Ride bus route, which bills itself as "equal parts theatrical show and immersive tour".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you