No links with cyber security issues in US: Huawei
Auckland/New Delhi: Chinese telecom equipment maker Huawei on Thursday said it had no connection in the recent cyber security issues reported in the US.
"Huawei equipment is almost non-existent in networks currently running in the US. We have never sold any key equipment to major US carriers, nor have we sold any equipment to any US government agency.
"Huawei has no connection to the cyber security issues the US has encountered in the past, current and future," Huawei founder and Chief Executive Officer Ren Zhengfei said in a statement.
The comment from Zhengfei was part of a statement talking about Huawei`s selection for deployment of 4G (LTE) network in New Zealand.
In April, Huawei was chosen to build Telecom New Zealand`s 4G network, which is expected to go live from October, 2013.
Recently, the annual Pentagon report accused that at least some attacks on the US government and other computer systems in the country appeared to be "attributable directly" to the Chinese government and military.
The report had said that China is using its cyber capabilities to collect intelligence against US diplomatic, economic and defence programmes, and is developing the skills needed to conduct cyber-warfare. The allegations in the report were denied by Chinese military.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray