No sex if elected, promises Italian politician
Rome: A politician running for the regional presidency of the Italian island of Sicily has promised to swear off sex and dedicate himself to work if elected.
"If I were to become Sicily`s president, I would say farewell to sex to consider myself married to my region and its inhabitants," said Rosario Crocetta, the candidate for the Democratic Party.
"Leading public affairs is like entering a convent, and I have also become too old for such joyrides," he said.
Crocetta said his "anti-model" is former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi, whose sexual scandals weakened his rule.
"I`m definitely not going to end up like Silvio Berlusconi, who consumed himself in both his political incapacity and love for women, despite also being older than me," Crocetta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan