NY Mayor dedicates first aid station in Jerusalem
Jerusalem: New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is in Jerusalem to dedicate a first aid station and meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Bloomberg dedicated the station, built with the help of donations from him and other Americans and named for his father, in a ceremony on Sunday.
Meeting with Netanyahu, Bloomberg gave the Israeli leader a US flag and asked him to pass it on to the family of Gilad Schalit, the Israeli soldier freed last week in a prisoner swap with Hamas.
Netanyahu told Bloomberg that Israelis appreciate the "forthright support of the people of New York and the people of America for Schalit`s release”.
Bloomberg said New York`s support for Israel was "strong and unshakable”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah