Obama `not invited` to Chelsea Clinton’s wedding
Washington: US President Barack Obama has revealed that he has not been invited to Chelsea Clinton’s wedding in Rhinebeck.
The President announced on ABC`s "The View" that he wasn`t given an invitation to the wedding of the daughter of former president Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
"I was not invited to the wedding because I think Hillary and Bill, properly, want to keep this thing for Chelsea and her soon-to-be husband," Fox News quoted him as saying.
He did joke though, "You don’t want two presidents at one wedding. All the secret service, guests going through [metal detectors], all the gifts being torn apart."
And according to New York Daily News, even former vice president Al Gore will not be attending the wedding.
Chelsea, 30, will wed investment banker Marc Mezvinsky on Saturday in Rhinebeck, New York, at Astor Courts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?