Obama `not invited` to Chelsea Clinton’s wedding
Washington: US President Barack Obama has revealed that he has not been invited to Chelsea Clinton’s wedding in Rhinebeck.
The President announced on ABC`s "The View" that he wasn`t given an invitation to the wedding of the daughter of former president Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
"I was not invited to the wedding because I think Hillary and Bill, properly, want to keep this thing for Chelsea and her soon-to-be husband," Fox News quoted him as saying.
He did joke though, "You don’t want two presidents at one wedding. All the secret service, guests going through [metal detectors], all the gifts being torn apart."
And according to New York Daily News, even former vice president Al Gore will not be attending the wedding.
Chelsea, 30, will wed investment banker Marc Mezvinsky on Saturday in Rhinebeck, New York, at Astor Courts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her