Obama `not invited` to Chelsea Clinton’s wedding
Washington: US President Barack Obama has revealed that he has not been invited to Chelsea Clinton’s wedding in Rhinebeck.
The President announced on ABC`s "The View" that he wasn`t given an invitation to the wedding of the daughter of former president Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
"I was not invited to the wedding because I think Hillary and Bill, properly, want to keep this thing for Chelsea and her soon-to-be husband," Fox News quoted him as saying.
He did joke though, "You don’t want two presidents at one wedding. All the secret service, guests going through [metal detectors], all the gifts being torn apart."
And according to New York Daily News, even former vice president Al Gore will not be attending the wedding.
Chelsea, 30, will wed investment banker Marc Mezvinsky on Saturday in Rhinebeck, New York, at Astor Courts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'