Oklahoma storms: Four killed including an infant
Nowata: Four people, including a young child, were killed when strong winds accompanying severe thunderstorms blew through Oklahoma, authorities said.
Two adults and a child were killed yesterday when winds destroyed a mobile home in Nowata County, located along Oklahoma`s border with Kansas, Undersheriff Doug Sonenberg told KSWO-TV. They were found in a creek.
Authorities didn`t identify the three people killed. Sonenberg didn`t immediately return calls from The Associated Press early today.
Farther east, winds flipped a semi onto a cement barrier wall, trapping the driver inside for nearly three hours, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported. Jimmy King, 70, died at the scene of massive injuries, troopers said.
The storms were part of storm system and cold front that collided with triple-digit temperatures in much of the state on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach