Oklahoma storms: Four killed including an infant
Nowata: Four people, including a young child, were killed when strong winds accompanying severe thunderstorms blew through Oklahoma, authorities said.
Two adults and a child were killed yesterday when winds destroyed a mobile home in Nowata County, located along Oklahoma`s border with Kansas, Undersheriff Doug Sonenberg told KSWO-TV. They were found in a creek.
Authorities didn`t identify the three people killed. Sonenberg didn`t immediately return calls from The Associated Press early today.
Farther east, winds flipped a semi onto a cement barrier wall, trapping the driver inside for nearly three hours, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported. Jimmy King, 70, died at the scene of massive injuries, troopers said.
The storms were part of storm system and cold front that collided with triple-digit temperatures in much of the state on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray