Oklahoma storms: Four killed including an infant
Nowata: Four people, including a young child, were killed when strong winds accompanying severe thunderstorms blew through Oklahoma, authorities said.
Two adults and a child were killed yesterday when winds destroyed a mobile home in Nowata County, located along Oklahoma`s border with Kansas, Undersheriff Doug Sonenberg told KSWO-TV. They were found in a creek.
Authorities didn`t identify the three people killed. Sonenberg didn`t immediately return calls from The Associated Press early today.
Farther east, winds flipped a semi onto a cement barrier wall, trapping the driver inside for nearly three hours, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported. Jimmy King, 70, died at the scene of massive injuries, troopers said.
The storms were part of storm system and cold front that collided with triple-digit temperatures in much of the state on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic