Oklahoma storms: Four killed including an infant
Nowata: Four people, including a young child, were killed when strong winds accompanying severe thunderstorms blew through Oklahoma, authorities said.
Two adults and a child were killed yesterday when winds destroyed a mobile home in Nowata County, located along Oklahoma`s border with Kansas, Undersheriff Doug Sonenberg told KSWO-TV. They were found in a creek.
Authorities didn`t identify the three people killed. Sonenberg didn`t immediately return calls from The Associated Press early today.
Farther east, winds flipped a semi onto a cement barrier wall, trapping the driver inside for nearly three hours, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported. Jimmy King, 70, died at the scene of massive injuries, troopers said.
The storms were part of storm system and cold front that collided with triple-digit temperatures in much of the state on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes