One killed, thousands evacuated after floods in China
Beijing: One person was killed and over 10,000 people were evacuated as heavy rains and flooding hit a county in central China today.
Heavy rains hit Suining county in Hunan province early today, with precipitation in one township hitting 186 mm by noon, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The rainstorms disrupted traffic, power and telecommunications in 10 townships.
One villager in Jinwutang township was killed in a rain-triggered landslide.
A total of 1.12 lakh residents were affected and 10,000 have been evacuated, it said.
Also a flash flood tore down 14 houses and two bridges, damaged flood-control dikes and inundated a hydropower generation plant in Fugong County in southwest China`s Yunnan Province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days