`Only mentally ill would want to run Italy`
London: Italy`s would-be prime minister has said only a mentally ill person would want to govern the country now, as the eurozone`s third biggest democracy continues to tie itself in knots.
Centre-left leader Pier Luigi Bersani, who won the General Election last month but who lacks a vital majority in the Upper House of Parliament, said that only a mentally ill person could have an itching desire to govern right now.
Bersani said that he wants things to be clear: "He is ready to assume a huge amount of responsibility, but he asked everyone else to all take on a little bit themselves."
In order to form a government, Bersani needs to be confident he can win the mandatory confidence votes in both houses of Parliament.
But instead of offering to vote with the centre-left in the Senate confidence motion, M5S appears set on having all of its radicals demands, such as decimating MPs` salaries and fighting corruption, met first, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured