`Only mentally ill would want to run Italy`
London: Italy`s would-be prime minister has said only a mentally ill person would want to govern the country now, as the eurozone`s third biggest democracy continues to tie itself in knots.
Centre-left leader Pier Luigi Bersani, who won the General Election last month but who lacks a vital majority in the Upper House of Parliament, said that only a mentally ill person could have an itching desire to govern right now.
Bersani said that he wants things to be clear: "He is ready to assume a huge amount of responsibility, but he asked everyone else to all take on a little bit themselves."
In order to form a government, Bersani needs to be confident he can win the mandatory confidence votes in both houses of Parliament.
But instead of offering to vote with the centre-left in the Senate confidence motion, M5S appears set on having all of its radicals demands, such as decimating MPs` salaries and fighting corruption, met first, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH