`Only mentally ill would want to run Italy`
London: Italy`s would-be prime minister has said only a mentally ill person would want to govern the country now, as the eurozone`s third biggest democracy continues to tie itself in knots.
Centre-left leader Pier Luigi Bersani, who won the General Election last month but who lacks a vital majority in the Upper House of Parliament, said that only a mentally ill person could have an itching desire to govern right now.
Bersani said that he wants things to be clear: "He is ready to assume a huge amount of responsibility, but he asked everyone else to all take on a little bit themselves."
In order to form a government, Bersani needs to be confident he can win the mandatory confidence votes in both houses of Parliament.
But instead of offering to vote with the centre-left in the Senate confidence motion, M5S appears set on having all of its radicals demands, such as decimating MPs` salaries and fighting corruption, met first, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal