Oz defence forces hit with FB sexist, anti-Muslim
Sydney: The Australian Defence Force (ADF) has been hit with another round of scandal when some of its serving and former personnel were found to be linked with sexist and anti-Muslim posts on Facebook pages.
In the earlier scandal, some of the ADF personnel including senior officers who called themselves the `Jedi Council` were recently involved in a sex email affair, which was perceived as even bigger than the Skype scandal following which more than 100 personnel were investigated and 17 were dismissed.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the recent allegations pointed to Facebook pages that appear connected to serving and former soldiers based in Townsville and refer to local women as `sluts`.
Another post includes a comment on a picture of a stealth bomber flying over the annual Muslim Haj pilgrimage, which stated `death to all illegal immo`s`, and ` we have seen enough of Islam. Nuke Mecca`.
However, an ADF spokeswoman said that the Facebook pages are unrelated to the Jedi Counciland the investigation is on whether the ADF personnel are part of the scandal.
The spokeswoman said that all personnel from Townsville `s 3rd Brigade have been reminded about what constitutes unacceptable behaviour on social media.
She further said that such behaviour does not represent values and ethos of Defence and the majority of its members, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog