Paedophile blaming girl of seduction finally jaile
London: A Briton who blamed a seven-year-old girl for seducing him has finally been locked up, weeks after a judge let him walk free.
John Thompson had escaped a prison sentence in July despite pleading guilty to sexually assaulting his victim, Daily Mail reported. He accused the schoolgirl of pinning him down on a bed after flirting with him.
Thompson narrowly avoided jail and was instead ordered to undergo a sex offender treatment programme.
The lenient sentence sparked fury among child protection charities who branded it "despicable".
Despite his let-off, Thompson was back in the dock last month after he failed to comply with the same order. He was yet again given a second chance to change his "appalling attitude". Now, having again failed to attend the sex offender treatment programme, he has been sent to prison.
Thompson remained adamant that the girl was a liar, demanded that she be punished and threatened to sue her for making the allegations, the hearing was told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list