Paedophile blaming girl of seduction finally jaile
London: A Briton who blamed a seven-year-old girl for seducing him has finally been locked up, weeks after a judge let him walk free.
John Thompson had escaped a prison sentence in July despite pleading guilty to sexually assaulting his victim, Daily Mail reported. He accused the schoolgirl of pinning him down on a bed after flirting with him.
Thompson narrowly avoided jail and was instead ordered to undergo a sex offender treatment programme.
The lenient sentence sparked fury among child protection charities who branded it "despicable".
Despite his let-off, Thompson was back in the dock last month after he failed to comply with the same order. He was yet again given a second chance to change his "appalling attitude". Now, having again failed to attend the sex offender treatment programme, he has been sent to prison.
Thompson remained adamant that the girl was a liar, demanded that she be punished and threatened to sue her for making the allegations, the hearing was told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India's doping shame: 687 athletes banned since 2009 as per NADA records
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions
- Biggest Indian acquisition by a Chinese company: Fosun to buy Gland Pharma for $1.26 billion
- Has this former Australian cricketer been approached for ‘Housefull 4’?
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: 1st Test, Day 4 — As it happened...