Palestinians to appeal to UN over Israel settlement drive
Ramallah: The Palestinians threatened today to appeal to the UN Security Council over Israel`s quickening settlement drive in the West Bank and to step up efforts to join UN agencies.
"In the coming hours, the Palestinian leadership is going to consider appealing to the UN Security Council and seeking membership of international organisations if Israel does not reverse its latest settlement moves," Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erakat told AFP.
Israel is to build a "record" 20,000 new settler homes in the occupied West Bank, settlement watchdog Peace Now said earlier today, despite US and Palestinian warnings that such moves threaten peace talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Earthquake shakes southern Mexico, felt in capital
- Turkey mends fences with Israel and Russia in foreign policy reset
- Roy Hodgson quits as England boss after Iceland humiliation
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host