Palestinians to appeal to UN over Israel settlement drive
Ramallah: The Palestinians threatened today to appeal to the UN Security Council over Israel`s quickening settlement drive in the West Bank and to step up efforts to join UN agencies.
"In the coming hours, the Palestinian leadership is going to consider appealing to the UN Security Council and seeking membership of international organisations if Israel does not reverse its latest settlement moves," Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erakat told AFP.
Israel is to build a "record" 20,000 new settler homes in the occupied West Bank, settlement watchdog Peace Now said earlier today, despite US and Palestinian warnings that such moves threaten peace talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka