Paul Ryan rapped as anti-abortion ‘extremist’
Washington: Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan, the running mate of Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney, has attracted criticisms for his staunch anti-abortion views. Democrats and women’s groups have labelled him as an ‘extremist’ for his votes on abortion-related legislation.
“There is a lot that New Yorkers have to fear,” New York Daily News quoted Andrea Miller, the president of NARAL Pro-Choice New York, as saying.
“He has been lockstep, 100 percent across the board with all of the attacks on a woman’s right to choose and access to basic women’s health care,” Miller said.
According to the report, Ryan received a 100 percent ‘pro-life’ score by the National Right to Life Committee.
Ryan’s record on the issue includes votes to cut funding for Planned Parenthood and to require women seeking abortions to receive information about the pain the procedure could cause to unborn children, the report said.
“I am as pro-life as a person gets,” Ryan, a Catholic, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video