Photo shows NSA leaker Edward Snowden enjoying a boat trip in Russia
Zee Media Bureau
Moscow: The man, who almost singlehandedly dealt a severe blow to the US by releasing a treasure trove of damaging leaks on NSA snooping, is himself enjoying a boat trip on a Moscow River if a photograph released by a Russian news site is to be believed.
According to a Russian website Life News, the NSA whistleblower also got a job in one of the largest internet portals in Russia, her lawyer Anatoly Kucherena said.
The Russian website known for sensational scoops, has also posted a photograph of Edward Snowden in which he is shown donning a cream coloured cap and seated along the Moscow River with a woman, who might be Sarah Harrison of WikiLeaks, who has been with him ever since he arrived in Russia.
The photo also features the Moscow church of Christ the Saviour in the background.
According to his lawyer, Snowden loves Russian culture, is studying Russian language, said the report.
The report added that Snowden is free to roam anywhere in Russia be it Kremlin museum or a shopping store (an earlier photo released by the News Life website showed him with a shopping trolley).
The website also cited Snowden`s lawyer Anatoly Kucherena as saying that he might get a house in Russia.
Snowden, who was stuck in Moscow`s Sheremetyevo Airport for a month, was later given a political asylum by Russia.
Snowden, who is wanted in US on the charges of espionage, is at the centre of a storm of revelations that has hit the Obama administration hard as many foreign allies are questioning America over the alleged snooping operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply