Police arrest 10 Occupy Seattle protesters
Seattle: Police say 10 people in a Wall Street related protest have been arrested at a Seattle park.
The Occupy Seattle protesters were detained after Westlake Park closed late Thursday night.
Detective Mark Jamieson says the arrests came as police focused on protesters associated with a tent in the park who did not comply with orders to leave.
Like their counterparts elsewhere in the country, the Seattle protesters blame corporate interests for the economic pain they say all but the wealthiest Americans are enduring.
Earlier, some protesters gathered outside a downtown hotel where Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney had a private fundraiser.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown