Police arrest 10 Occupy Seattle protesters
Seattle: Police say 10 people in a Wall Street related protest have been arrested at a Seattle park.
The Occupy Seattle protesters were detained after Westlake Park closed late Thursday night.
Detective Mark Jamieson says the arrests came as police focused on protesters associated with a tent in the park who did not comply with orders to leave.
Like their counterparts elsewhere in the country, the Seattle protesters blame corporate interests for the economic pain they say all but the wealthiest Americans are enduring.
Earlier, some protesters gathered outside a downtown hotel where Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney had a private fundraiser.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read