Police arrest 10 Occupy Seattle protesters
Seattle: Police say 10 people in a Wall Street related protest have been arrested at a Seattle park.
The Occupy Seattle protesters were detained after Westlake Park closed late Thursday night.
Detective Mark Jamieson says the arrests came as police focused on protesters associated with a tent in the park who did not comply with orders to leave.
Like their counterparts elsewhere in the country, the Seattle protesters blame corporate interests for the economic pain they say all but the wealthiest Americans are enduring.
Earlier, some protesters gathered outside a downtown hotel where Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney had a private fundraiser.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan