Police shoot dead three rebels in Russia`s Dagestan: Report
Moscow: Three suspected rebels were killed on Saturday in an exchange of fire with police in Dagestan in Russia`s volatile North Caucasus region, the Interfax news agency reported.
The number two in the Dagestani rebel movement was killed in the clash that took place in the Kizlyar region, a local security official was cited as saying.
Concerns have mounted over increased militant attacks throughout Russia`s Caucasus region, where Islamist militants have been battling pro-Kremlin local authorities and Russian security forces in a sporadic insurgency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS