Prince Harry to spend six months in Australia, UK denies
Melbourne/London: Britain`s Prince Harry will spend six months on secondment with the Australian Army, a news report said here on Thursday.
28-year-old Harry, who is an Apache attack helicopter gunner with the British army, could either be formally embedded with an army unit or make an extended visit as an observer in the Australian army, The Australian has reported.
Meanwhile reacting to Australian media reports, a spokeswoman for Harry`s St James` Palace office said, "there are no such plans. He is still very much engaged in the military here. It`s business as usual."
Australia is part of the 16 Commonwealth countries, the club of ex-British Empire nations which maintain a friendly confederacy and retain the Queen as it`s head of the state.
"Defence has begun planning for Prince Harry to spend six months on secondment with the Australian army as royal aides and security officials assess the risks of such a deployment," said the report.
Top-level talks between his residence Clarence House in London, the British Army and Australian officials are continuing about where and when the deployment would occur and whether the third in line to the throne would serve on the frontline, it added.
Harry has served twice in Afghanistan and returned home from a four-month long deployment there in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?