Prince Harry to spend six months in Australia, UK denies
Melbourne/London: Britain`s Prince Harry will spend six months on secondment with the Australian Army, a news report said here on Thursday.
28-year-old Harry, who is an Apache attack helicopter gunner with the British army, could either be formally embedded with an army unit or make an extended visit as an observer in the Australian army, The Australian has reported.
Meanwhile reacting to Australian media reports, a spokeswoman for Harry`s St James` Palace office said, "there are no such plans. He is still very much engaged in the military here. It`s business as usual."
Australia is part of the 16 Commonwealth countries, the club of ex-British Empire nations which maintain a friendly confederacy and retain the Queen as it`s head of the state.
"Defence has begun planning for Prince Harry to spend six months on secondment with the Australian army as royal aides and security officials assess the risks of such a deployment," said the report.
Top-level talks between his residence Clarence House in London, the British Army and Australian officials are continuing about where and when the deployment would occur and whether the third in line to the throne would serve on the frontline, it added.
Harry has served twice in Afghanistan and returned home from a four-month long deployment there in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31