US doesn’t have `all answers to Boston terrorist attack`
Washington: The US does not have answers to all the questions related to the Boston terrorist attack, and the complete and comprehensive investigation in this regard is going to take some time, the White House has said.
"As the President Barack Obama said on Friday night, we need to know whether they acted alone or whether they had associations. That`s why we need a comprehensive investigation.”
"We need to know what inspired them, how they came about possessing or developing the weapons and explosive devices that they used," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters at his news conference on Wednesday.
"These are all matters that are under investigation right now as part of the case against the second suspect, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, and the overall investigation into the bombings themselves.”
"I don`t think we have all the answers yet, and we won`t for some time," he added.
Carney acknowledged that the issue of self-radicalisation, especially online radicalisation and radicalisation that leads to violence, has been a concern and it has been an issue in the past.
"We have seen it in the past in very well-known cases. And this is a problem that the President has talked about and leaders of his national security team have talked about. The threat that faces us as a nation has evolved.”
"We continue to face a threat from al Qaeda central even though we have met with significant progress in the fight against al Qaeda central, beginning with the elimination of Osama bin Laden," Carney said.
The offshoots of al Qaeda are now appearing in various parts of the region and the world.
"We have other terrorist threats and the threat posed by independent actors. We don`t know yet whether, the independent actor prism is the one that will fit this particular case," he said.
Carney said the question of whether or not they had any associations is one under investigation by the proper authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan