Pro-Russians proclaim independence for Ukraine`s Donetsk
Donetsk: Pro-Russian activists who seised the main administration building in the eastern Ukrainian city of Donetsk proclaimed Monday the creation of a sovereign "people`s republic" independent of Kiev rule.
The decision was announced to reporters by a spokesman for the protesters who came out of the occupied building. Footage posted on YouTube showed one Russian speaker telling the packed assembly from a podium: "I proclaim the creation of the sovereign state of the People`s Republic of Donetsk."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena