Pro-Russians proclaim independence for Ukraine`s Donetsk
Donetsk: Pro-Russian activists who seised the main administration building in the eastern Ukrainian city of Donetsk proclaimed Monday the creation of a sovereign "people`s republic" independent of Kiev rule.
The decision was announced to reporters by a spokesman for the protesters who came out of the occupied building. Footage posted on YouTube showed one Russian speaker telling the packed assembly from a podium: "I proclaim the creation of the sovereign state of the People`s Republic of Donetsk."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal