Pro-Russians proclaim independence for Ukraine`s Donetsk
Donetsk: Pro-Russian activists who seised the main administration building in the eastern Ukrainian city of Donetsk proclaimed Monday the creation of a sovereign "people`s republic" independent of Kiev rule.
The decision was announced to reporters by a spokesman for the protesters who came out of the occupied building. Footage posted on YouTube showed one Russian speaker telling the packed assembly from a podium: "I proclaim the creation of the sovereign state of the People`s Republic of Donetsk."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Manohar Parrikar asks Navy Chief to probe Scorpene-class submarines documents leak
- It's Official! LG V20 to be world’s first phone with Android 7.0 Nougat
- Is marriage on the cards for Nargis Fakhri? READ full story
- Sensex regains 28K level, up 118 points in early trade
- Sepp Blatter in last fight against six-year FIFA ban