Purported message from Uighur leader urges attacks
Cairo: An Internet message purportedly from
the leader of an Islamic group fighting Chinese rule in a
western province urged Muslims worldwide to attack Chinese
interests in retaliation for what it called the oppression of
The audio recording in the name of Sheik Abdul Haq
al-Turkistani was today posted on the Internet, as China steps
up its crackdown against the separatists in the oil-rich
region home to the country`s Muslim minority Uighurs.
"They (Chinese) must be attacked inside and outside," the
message said. "Their embassies, consulates, and places where
they meet should be targeted to kill their men and capture
them to exchange them for our prisoners in Eastern Turkistan."
The recording, titled "China`s massacres and savagery
will not pass unanswered," appeared on an Islamic Website that
usually carries al-Qaida and other militant videos and
statements. Its authenticity could not be independently
Previously, a video purportedly by Abdul Haq`s group, the
Eastern Turkistan Islamic Party, threatened attacks on last
year`s Olympic Games in China. Security experts say members
have received training from al-Qaida.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees