Purported message from Uighur leader urges attacks
Cairo: An Internet message purportedly from
the leader of an Islamic group fighting Chinese rule in a
western province urged Muslims worldwide to attack Chinese
interests in retaliation for what it called the oppression of
The audio recording in the name of Sheik Abdul Haq
al-Turkistani was today posted on the Internet, as China steps
up its crackdown against the separatists in the oil-rich
region home to the country`s Muslim minority Uighurs.
"They (Chinese) must be attacked inside and outside," the
message said. "Their embassies, consulates, and places where
they meet should be targeted to kill their men and capture
them to exchange them for our prisoners in Eastern Turkistan."
The recording, titled "China`s massacres and savagery
will not pass unanswered," appeared on an Islamic Website that
usually carries al-Qaida and other militant videos and
statements. Its authenticity could not be independently
Previously, a video purportedly by Abdul Haq`s group, the
Eastern Turkistan Islamic Party, threatened attacks on last
year`s Olympic Games in China. Security experts say members
have received training from al-Qaida.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Finance Ministry allots Rs 2,000 cr extra budgetary grant for Chardham
- China builds massive seaplane: State media
- 'Aam Aadmi Party has anti-women character'
- WATCH: 4 wickets in 6 balls - When Ajit Agarkar bowled devastating last over against Australia
- Watch: Special 'Justice League' Comic-Con 2016 footage will give you goosebumps!