Queen Elizabeth II has stomach bug, cancels visit
London: Buckingham Palace says Britain`s Queen Elizabeth II has cancelled a public engagement after coming down with a stomach bug.
The 86-year-old monarch had been due to visit Swansea, Wales, tomorrow to present leeks to soldiers of the Royal Welsh Regiment in honour of Wales` national day.
The palace said the queen was experiencing symptoms of gastroenteritis and her condition would be assessed in the coming days.
The monarch, who last year celebrated 60 years on the throne, is in generally robust health, despite her age.
The palace said today that the queen is spending the weekend as usual at Windsor Castle outside London.
She and her husband, Prince Philip, are due to visit Rome next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir