Queen Elizabeth II has stomach bug, cancels visit
London: Buckingham Palace says Britain`s Queen Elizabeth II has cancelled a public engagement after coming down with a stomach bug.
The 86-year-old monarch had been due to visit Swansea, Wales, tomorrow to present leeks to soldiers of the Royal Welsh Regiment in honour of Wales` national day.
The palace said the queen was experiencing symptoms of gastroenteritis and her condition would be assessed in the coming days.
The monarch, who last year celebrated 60 years on the throne, is in generally robust health, despite her age.
The palace said today that the queen is spending the weekend as usual at Windsor Castle outside London.
She and her husband, Prince Philip, are due to visit Rome next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Aditi and Mohit Malik’s Indonesian vacation will give you honeymoon goals
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today