Queen Elizabeth II has stomach bug, cancels visit
London: Buckingham Palace says Britain`s Queen Elizabeth II has cancelled a public engagement after coming down with a stomach bug.
The 86-year-old monarch had been due to visit Swansea, Wales, tomorrow to present leeks to soldiers of the Royal Welsh Regiment in honour of Wales` national day.
The palace said the queen was experiencing symptoms of gastroenteritis and her condition would be assessed in the coming days.
The monarch, who last year celebrated 60 years on the throne, is in generally robust health, despite her age.
The palace said today that the queen is spending the weekend as usual at Windsor Castle outside London.
She and her husband, Prince Philip, are due to visit Rome next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH