Queen Elizabeth II has stomach bug, cancels visit
London: Buckingham Palace says Britain`s Queen Elizabeth II has cancelled a public engagement after coming down with a stomach bug.
The 86-year-old monarch had been due to visit Swansea, Wales, tomorrow to present leeks to soldiers of the Royal Welsh Regiment in honour of Wales` national day.
The palace said the queen was experiencing symptoms of gastroenteritis and her condition would be assessed in the coming days.
The monarch, who last year celebrated 60 years on the throne, is in generally robust health, despite her age.
The palace said today that the queen is spending the weekend as usual at Windsor Castle outside London.
She and her husband, Prince Philip, are due to visit Rome next week.
- Anushka Sharma kicks the butt in 'Sultan' new still—See inside!
- Bring back Kohinoor diamond, gift it to Jagannath Temple: BJD MP
- Virat Kohli – Anushka Sharma: Will the couple reconcile – This could be an indicator!
- Enclave-dwellers to vote for first time since Independence
- Pathankot IAF base remains highly unsafe, Centre to be blamed: Parliamentary panel