Queen Elizabeth II has stomach bug, cancels visit
London: Buckingham Palace says Britain`s Queen Elizabeth II has cancelled a public engagement after coming down with a stomach bug.
The 86-year-old monarch had been due to visit Swansea, Wales, tomorrow to present leeks to soldiers of the Royal Welsh Regiment in honour of Wales` national day.
The palace said the queen was experiencing symptoms of gastroenteritis and her condition would be assessed in the coming days.
The monarch, who last year celebrated 60 years on the throne, is in generally robust health, despite her age.
The palace said today that the queen is spending the weekend as usual at Windsor Castle outside London.
She and her husband, Prince Philip, are due to visit Rome next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP