Reuters hacked; fake Syria stories posted
London: The Reuters news agency says that one of its websites was hacked into and used to disseminate fake stories about Syria`s rebel movement.
Thomson Reuters said its "blogging platform was compromised and fabricated blog posts were falsely attributed to several Reuters journalists”.
One of bogus blog posts claimed that rebels had acquired chemical weapons from Libya and were preparing to smuggle them into Syria.
There was no immediate indication of who was behind the attack, although both opponents and supporters of Syria`s government have routinely engaged in acts of electronic sabotage.
One loyalist group, the Syrian Electronic Army, recently promised a wave of attacks against what it described as "fake revolution" websites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai