Rocket attack in Libya hits near luxury hotel
Tripoli: A military official says a rocket-propelled grenade has struck a building in Libya`s capital, Tripoli, next to a luxury hotel where the prime minister has an apartment.
The official says the rocket launcher was attached to a vehicle, which erupted in flames. No injuries were immediately reported, though the residential building next to the hotel was damaged in today`s attack. The military official spoke anonymously in line with regulations.
International journalists often stay at the hotel, the Corinthia. Prime Minister Ali Zidan has an apartment in there. The government is a part owner of the hotel.
A proliferation of weapons and armed gangs after the 2011 civil war that overthrew dictator Muammar Gaddafi continues to threaten security. Libya`s government has struggled to bring armed militias under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'