Rocket attack in Libya hits near luxury hotel
Tripoli: A military official says a rocket-propelled grenade has struck a building in Libya`s capital, Tripoli, next to a luxury hotel where the prime minister has an apartment.
The official says the rocket launcher was attached to a vehicle, which erupted in flames. No injuries were immediately reported, though the residential building next to the hotel was damaged in today`s attack. The military official spoke anonymously in line with regulations.
International journalists often stay at the hotel, the Corinthia. Prime Minister Ali Zidan has an apartment in there. The government is a part owner of the hotel.
A proliferation of weapons and armed gangs after the 2011 civil war that overthrew dictator Muammar Gaddafi continues to threaten security. Libya`s government has struggled to bring armed militias under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice