Romney supporter’s racist T-shirt sparks outrage
Washington: A supporter of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney was spotted wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with words ‘put the white back in the White House’ at a campaign event in Ohio this week.
After seeing it, a Romney spokesperson condemned the racist shirt and said that it was reprehensible and has no place in this election’.
According to news.com.au, above the slogan, the man had added a Romney/Ryan logo.
The image resulted in strong reactions on social networks, with comments on Twitter such as “Absolutely disgusting, shows the type of people Romney draws” and “Was an undecided voter. Voting for Obama now. If GOP this full of hate I want no part of it.”
A number of liberal bloggers claimed that this is proof of the racism which is inherent in the Republican Party.
Conservative commentator Robert Stacy McCain hit back at the claims and said that the man in the photo “is not in fact a Republican, but rather is a plant sent out by the Democrats as a dirty trick”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!