Russian military helicopter crashes, crew survives
Moscow: Moscow city officials say that a Russian military helicopter has crashed on a test mission, but both pilots bailed out safely.
The Ka-52 helicopter gunship went down today on Moscow`s outskirts, causing no damage on the ground, according to city officials.
Russian news reports quoted said that the crashed helicopter belonged to its developer, the Kamov design bureau, and was undergoing tests as part of a program to develop a carrier-borne version.
The helicopter crashed near a helipad in southeastern Moscow just a few hundred meters (yards) from apartment buildings.
The Ka-52 is a two-seat attack helicopter that was commissioned by the military in 2008. About 20 have been built so far, and the Defense Ministry has signed a contract for 140 more Ka-52s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested