Russian military helicopter crashes, crew survives
Moscow: Moscow city officials say that a Russian military helicopter has crashed on a test mission, but both pilots bailed out safely.
The Ka-52 helicopter gunship went down today on Moscow`s outskirts, causing no damage on the ground, according to city officials.
Russian news reports quoted said that the crashed helicopter belonged to its developer, the Kamov design bureau, and was undergoing tests as part of a program to develop a carrier-borne version.
The helicopter crashed near a helipad in southeastern Moscow just a few hundred meters (yards) from apartment buildings.
The Ka-52 is a two-seat attack helicopter that was commissioned by the military in 2008. About 20 have been built so far, and the Defense Ministry has signed a contract for 140 more Ka-52s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert