Russian stewardess fired for tweet on Sukhoi crash
Moscow: A stewardess from Russia`s largest airline Aeroflot has been fired after she left a derogatory comment on Twitter about the fatal crash of a Sukhoi Superjet 100 in Indonesia.
The flight attendant named Ekaterina Solovyova, wrote on her Twitter page: "Huh? Did a Superjet crash? Hahaha! This aircraft sucks, it`s a pity it wasn`t in Aeroflot, that would be one less."
Aeroflot owns six Sukhoi Superjet 100 planes similar to the one which crashed into a steep mountainside at Mount Salak during a demonstration flight Wednesday.
Other Twitter users took a screenshot and sent a complaint to Aeroflot. Solovyova removed her comments, and then deleted all her pages in social networks, but the airline sacked her.
All 45 people on board, including eight Russians and 33 Indonesians, are feared dead. Twelve bodies were found on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation