Russian stewardess fired for tweet on Sukhoi crash
Moscow: A stewardess from Russia`s largest airline Aeroflot has been fired after she left a derogatory comment on Twitter about the fatal crash of a Sukhoi Superjet 100 in Indonesia.
The flight attendant named Ekaterina Solovyova, wrote on her Twitter page: "Huh? Did a Superjet crash? Hahaha! This aircraft sucks, it`s a pity it wasn`t in Aeroflot, that would be one less."
Aeroflot owns six Sukhoi Superjet 100 planes similar to the one which crashed into a steep mountainside at Mount Salak during a demonstration flight Wednesday.
Other Twitter users took a screenshot and sent a complaint to Aeroflot. Solovyova removed her comments, and then deleted all her pages in social networks, but the airline sacked her.
All 45 people on board, including eight Russians and 33 Indonesians, are feared dead. Twelve bodies were found on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her