Russian stewardess fired for tweet on Sukhoi crash
Moscow: A stewardess from Russia`s largest airline Aeroflot has been fired after she left a derogatory comment on Twitter about the fatal crash of a Sukhoi Superjet 100 in Indonesia.
The flight attendant named Ekaterina Solovyova, wrote on her Twitter page: "Huh? Did a Superjet crash? Hahaha! This aircraft sucks, it`s a pity it wasn`t in Aeroflot, that would be one less."
Aeroflot owns six Sukhoi Superjet 100 planes similar to the one which crashed into a steep mountainside at Mount Salak during a demonstration flight Wednesday.
Other Twitter users took a screenshot and sent a complaint to Aeroflot. Solovyova removed her comments, and then deleted all her pages in social networks, but the airline sacked her.
All 45 people on board, including eight Russians and 33 Indonesians, are feared dead. Twelve bodies were found on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Who said what on Anil Kumble's appointment as Team India's head coach
- 78 dead, 200 badly hurt in extreme weather in eastern China
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report