Sarkozy mulls £200K-per-hour job at Morgan Stanley
London: Former French president Nicholas Sarkozy is reportedly contemplating a GBP 200,000-an-hour job with banking giant Morgan Stanley.
Sarkozy’s desire follows the similar lucrative path trodden by his old friend and former British prime minister Tony Blair, who earns millions in his role as an advisor to investment bank JP Morgan.
According to the Daily Mail, Morgan Stanley has offered Sarkozy a quarter of a million euros for his time.
Since quitting as PM in 2007, Blair has bought at least six homes, travels the world by private jet, and has an income of at least GBP 20 million a year, in which around 2.5 million of that comes from his role as an advisor to the US investment bank JP Morgan.
Sarkozy is currently facing a number of corruption allegations in France, including claims that he accepted illegal cash payments from Lilian Bettencourt, the L`Oreal heiress and France`s richest woman.
Both Blair and Sarkozy remained unavailable to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened