Sasha Obama`s mighty yawn goes viral
New York: While millions of eyes were trained on her Big Daddy as he delivered his inauguration speech, the young Sasha Obama was briefly caught on the wrong foot -- giving out a big yawn in the middle of the address -- an image that has now gone viral on social networking sites.
All of 11, the youngest Obama sat through the President`s nearly 20 minutes address with her 14-year-old elder sister Malia and their mother Michelle, clapping and cheering in between the address.
But as her father talked about the importance of moving ahead as one nation in his address after being sworn in for a second term as US President, Sasha let out a big yawn.
Cameras panned over to Sasha, her sister and mother and captured her yawning and clapping as Obama paused briefly after saying, "No single person can train all the math and science teachers we`ll need to equip our children for the future, or build the roads and networks and research labs that will bring new jobs and businesses to our shores. Now, more than ever, we must do these things together, as one nation, and one people."
The image of the young Obama, wearing a blue overcoat and gloves, and yawning has gone viral on the Internet with micro-blogging sites abuzz with posts of adoration for the display of normalcy from the First Daughter during one of the most important and closely-watched moments for her President father.
A Twitter post read, "In today`s news, Sasha Obama yawns a ginormous yawn during her dad`s speech. #weunderstand #neverliveitdown." Another netizen said, "Best part of the inauguration: Sasha`s GIANT "Dad you`re boring me "yawn," while a separate message posted on the micro-blogging site said, "Sasha`s yawn was priceless" and "Sasha just let out a big yawn during her fathers speech notoriously funny. Stealing the show yet again."
Sasha had also made a light-hearted comment when Obama took his first oath of office in a private ceremony in the White House on Sunday.
After Obama was officially sworn in, she congratulated him by saying, "Good job, Dad. You didn`t mess up," a reference to Obama`s January 2009 inauguration when he fumbled while being administered the oath by Chief Justice John Roberts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details