Saudi beheaded for killing own grandmother
Riyadh: A Saudi man convicted of murdering
his own grandmother was beheaded on Monday in Medina in western
Saudi Arabia, the interior ministry said in a statement
carried by the state news agency SPA.
Bandar al-Louhaibi broke into his grandmother`s home with
intent to steal, but when she tried to stop him he stabbed her
repeatedly, the statement said.
Monday`s execution brings the total number of beheadings
in the ultra-conservative kingdom this year to at least 58.
In September, Human rights watchdog Amnesty International
called on Saudi Arabia to halt the practice, citing "an
alarming" increase in the number of executions since the end
Rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug
trafficking are all punishable by death under the oil-rich
Gulf state`s strict interpretation of Islamic sharia law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Turkey`s post-coup purge: almost 16,000 detained, 50,000 fired
- Death sentences upheld for six Jamaatul Mujahideen Bangladesh militants in 2005 bombings
- Oh Air India! 11,000 flights rescheduled, 16,000 flights delayed till June 2016
- India's tour of West Indies: Hosts pick uncapped fast bowler Alzarri Joseph for second Test
- SC to hear plea of Army doctors for enhancement of retirement age