Saudi beheaded for killing own grandmother
Riyadh: A Saudi man convicted of murdering
his own grandmother was beheaded on Monday in Medina in western
Saudi Arabia, the interior ministry said in a statement
carried by the state news agency SPA.
Bandar al-Louhaibi broke into his grandmother`s home with
intent to steal, but when she tried to stop him he stabbed her
repeatedly, the statement said.
Monday`s execution brings the total number of beheadings
in the ultra-conservative kingdom this year to at least 58.
In September, Human rights watchdog Amnesty International
called on Saudi Arabia to halt the practice, citing "an
alarming" increase in the number of executions since the end
Rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug
trafficking are all punishable by death under the oil-rich
Gulf state`s strict interpretation of Islamic sharia law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP