Saudi beheaded for killing own grandmother
Riyadh: A Saudi man convicted of murdering
his own grandmother was beheaded on Monday in Medina in western
Saudi Arabia, the interior ministry said in a statement
carried by the state news agency SPA.
Bandar al-Louhaibi broke into his grandmother`s home with
intent to steal, but when she tried to stop him he stabbed her
repeatedly, the statement said.
Monday`s execution brings the total number of beheadings
in the ultra-conservative kingdom this year to at least 58.
In September, Human rights watchdog Amnesty International
called on Saudi Arabia to halt the practice, citing "an
alarming" increase in the number of executions since the end
Rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug
trafficking are all punishable by death under the oil-rich
Gulf state`s strict interpretation of Islamic sharia law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH