Saudi King calls for reopening of embassy in Egypt
Riyadh: The King of Saudi Arabia, Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz, has ordered the reopening of the country`s embassy at Cairo.
Abdullah has also ordered its ambassador to Egypt to return to the country and resume office on Sunday, Gulf News reports.
"He has ordered to reopen the embassy and the consulates in Alexandria and Suez," an unnamed official said.
The decision was announced after Abdullah received a top ranking Egyptian delegation.
Saudi Arabia had closed its embassy in the Egyptian capital and recalled its ambassador in the wake of protests over the arrest of a human rights lawyer.
King Abdullah told the delegation that the recent deterioration in relations was painful to every honest Saudi and Egyptian citizen.
He added that the nation had taken the decision to shut its embassy in Cairo to protect its staff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre