Saudi portal links prisoners with their families
Riyadh: Saudi Arabia has launched a new portal that will connect detainees and inmates with their families.
The portal will enable detainees and inmates to interact with their families through emails or phone or video calls, Xinhua reported.
According to a spokesperson of the Saudi Interior Ministry, the portal will facilitate converting all conventional paperwork to online applications, saving time and efforts of the families.
Through the portal, the families of the suspects and convicts could apply to get visitation permission. The confirmation of the visit`s permission will be sent to the families through mobile phone messages.
But it could not determined if this service, launched Monday, was only limited to Saudi prisoners, or it also included foreign prisoners wishing to interact through the portal with their families living outside Saudi Arabia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Nitin Gadkari appointed as BJP election in-charge for Goa Assembly polls
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims
- Present ICC ranking system is not satisfactory: Javed Miandad
- Doctors say bill is 'black day' for surrogacy, will spawn corruption