Saudi portal links prisoners with their families
Riyadh: Saudi Arabia has launched a new portal that will connect detainees and inmates with their families.
The portal will enable detainees and inmates to interact with their families through emails or phone or video calls, Xinhua reported.
According to a spokesperson of the Saudi Interior Ministry, the portal will facilitate converting all conventional paperwork to online applications, saving time and efforts of the families.
Through the portal, the families of the suspects and convicts could apply to get visitation permission. The confirmation of the visit`s permission will be sent to the families through mobile phone messages.
But it could not determined if this service, launched Monday, was only limited to Saudi prisoners, or it also included foreign prisoners wishing to interact through the portal with their families living outside Saudi Arabia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH