Saudi portal links prisoners with their families
Riyadh: Saudi Arabia has launched a new portal that will connect detainees and inmates with their families.
The portal will enable detainees and inmates to interact with their families through emails or phone or video calls, Xinhua reported.
According to a spokesperson of the Saudi Interior Ministry, the portal will facilitate converting all conventional paperwork to online applications, saving time and efforts of the families.
Through the portal, the families of the suspects and convicts could apply to get visitation permission. The confirmation of the visit`s permission will be sent to the families through mobile phone messages.
But it could not determined if this service, launched Monday, was only limited to Saudi prisoners, or it also included foreign prisoners wishing to interact through the portal with their families living outside Saudi Arabia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya