Saudi portal links prisoners with their families
Riyadh: Saudi Arabia has launched a new portal that will connect detainees and inmates with their families.
The portal will enable detainees and inmates to interact with their families through emails or phone or video calls, Xinhua reported.
According to a spokesperson of the Saudi Interior Ministry, the portal will facilitate converting all conventional paperwork to online applications, saving time and efforts of the families.
Through the portal, the families of the suspects and convicts could apply to get visitation permission. The confirmation of the visit`s permission will be sent to the families through mobile phone messages.
But it could not determined if this service, launched Monday, was only limited to Saudi prisoners, or it also included foreign prisoners wishing to interact through the portal with their families living outside Saudi Arabia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional