School building collapses in China; 4 missing
Beijing: Four persons, including two children, are missing after a two-story building of a village primary school collapsed early today in China`s eastern Jiangxi Province.
The building of the primary school in Dangkou Village, Yihuang County, collapsed due to rainstorm-triggered mud flow, local government said.
Two children - aged five and seven - are among the missing. The rescue operation is under way, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
More than 2,700 people were evacuated after downpours battered Fuzhou City, Jiangxi yesterday and early today, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss