Senator vows to delay Obama`s nominees over Libya
Washington: A leading Republican senator is threatening to hold up Senate confirmation of President Barack Obama`s nominees to lead the Defense Department and the CIA until the White House provides more answers about the deadly September 11 attack against a US diplomatic facility in Benghazi, Libya.
Sen Lindsey Graham is angered by what he calls White House "stonewalling" about the attack that killed four Americans, including the ambassador.
Graham tells CBS he`ll hold up Senate action on the nominations of Chuck Hagel as defense secretary and John Brennan as CIA director until he gets what he wants.
The senator wants to know what Obama was doing during the time of the attack and whether he was in touch with Libyan officials.
Democratic Sen Jack Reed calls Graham`s threat "unprecedented and unwarranted."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!