Senator vows to delay Obama`s nominees over Libya
Washington: A leading Republican senator is threatening to hold up Senate confirmation of President Barack Obama`s nominees to lead the Defense Department and the CIA until the White House provides more answers about the deadly September 11 attack against a US diplomatic facility in Benghazi, Libya.
Sen Lindsey Graham is angered by what he calls White House "stonewalling" about the attack that killed four Americans, including the ambassador.
Graham tells CBS he`ll hold up Senate action on the nominations of Chuck Hagel as defense secretary and John Brennan as CIA director until he gets what he wants.
The senator wants to know what Obama was doing during the time of the attack and whether he was in touch with Libyan officials.
Democratic Sen Jack Reed calls Graham`s threat "unprecedented and unwarranted."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday