Senator vows to delay Obama`s nominees over Libya
Washington: A leading Republican senator is threatening to hold up Senate confirmation of President Barack Obama`s nominees to lead the Defense Department and the CIA until the White House provides more answers about the deadly September 11 attack against a US diplomatic facility in Benghazi, Libya.
Sen Lindsey Graham is angered by what he calls White House "stonewalling" about the attack that killed four Americans, including the ambassador.
Graham tells CBS he`ll hold up Senate action on the nominations of Chuck Hagel as defense secretary and John Brennan as CIA director until he gets what he wants.
The senator wants to know what Obama was doing during the time of the attack and whether he was in touch with Libyan officials.
Democratic Sen Jack Reed calls Graham`s threat "unprecedented and unwarranted."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi