Senator vows to delay Obama`s nominees over Libya
Washington: A leading Republican senator is threatening to hold up Senate confirmation of President Barack Obama`s nominees to lead the Defense Department and the CIA until the White House provides more answers about the deadly September 11 attack against a US diplomatic facility in Benghazi, Libya.
Sen Lindsey Graham is angered by what he calls White House "stonewalling" about the attack that killed four Americans, including the ambassador.
Graham tells CBS he`ll hold up Senate action on the nominations of Chuck Hagel as defense secretary and John Brennan as CIA director until he gets what he wants.
The senator wants to know what Obama was doing during the time of the attack and whether he was in touch with Libyan officials.
Democratic Sen Jack Reed calls Graham`s threat "unprecedented and unwarranted."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter