Senator vows to delay Obama`s nominees over Libya
Washington: A leading Republican senator is threatening to hold up Senate confirmation of President Barack Obama`s nominees to lead the Defense Department and the CIA until the White House provides more answers about the deadly September 11 attack against a US diplomatic facility in Benghazi, Libya.
Sen Lindsey Graham is angered by what he calls White House "stonewalling" about the attack that killed four Americans, including the ambassador.
Graham tells CBS he`ll hold up Senate action on the nominations of Chuck Hagel as defense secretary and John Brennan as CIA director until he gets what he wants.
The senator wants to know what Obama was doing during the time of the attack and whether he was in touch with Libyan officials.
Democratic Sen Jack Reed calls Graham`s threat "unprecedented and unwarranted."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living