Ship slams into boat in Manila Bay, 9 missing
Manila: Philippine authorities say a cargo ship smashed into a small fishing boat in Manila Bay, causing the fishing boat to sink and leaving nine of its 21 crew members missing.
Coast guard spokesman Lt Cmdr Armand Balilo says the incident occurred late yesterday off Cavite province, south of Manila.
He said today that nine members of the fishing boat`s crew were still missing. The other 12 were rescued by another fishing vessel.
Cavite Gov. Jonvic Remulla told ANC Television that the wooden-hulled fishing boat sank immediately after being hit.
Balilo said the cargo ship was still unidentified, but that the coast guard would check harbor records to determine which ships were in the area. The cargo ship was carrying steel containers, according to rescued crew members from the fishing boat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack