Silvio Berlusconi slams sex trial verdict, insists innocent
Rome: Former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi hit out at his conviction by a Milan court on Tuesday for paying for sex with an underage prostitute and abuse of office, insisting he was "utterly innocent" and accusing the judges of persecution.
"I was truly convinced I would be absolved because there was absolutely no possibility of being found guilty based on the evidence," he said, after he was sentenced to seven years in jail and banned for life from holding public office.
"I intend to resist the persecution because I am absolutely innocent and I don`t want to abandon my fight to make Italy a truly free and just country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?