Son of US Vice President to leave hospital today
Washington: US Vice President Joe Biden`s son will leave hospital on Thursday where he underwent a "successful procedure", the White House has said.
"Yesterday our son Beau underwent a successful procedure. He is in great shape and is going to be discharged tomorrow and heading home to Delaware," Biden and his wife Jill said in a statement yesterday.
"He will follow up with his local physicians in the coming weeks," the joint statement said.
No further details were made available by the White House.
White House Deputy Press Secretary Josh Earnest said Biden is still scheduled to join US President Barack Obama in Scranton tomorrow.
Beau Biden said he was touched by the support and would share any updates when he had them in a tweet on Tuesday.
In a statement, the Delaware Department of Justice also said the younger Biden was being briefed on state matters and would resume work upon return.
"This afternoon, Attorney General Beau Biden spoke with Chief Deputy Attorney General Ian McConnel and State Prosecutor Kathleen Jennings about several Department of Justice matters, including the office`s ongoing efforts to implement initiatives to combat violent crime in the City of Wilmington and New Castle County," it said.
Earlier in the week, the vice president travelled to Houston to be with his son.
Biden was admitted to a hospital last week after feeling weak and disoriented following a long drive to Indiana for a family vacation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital