Son of US Vice President to leave hospital today
Washington: US Vice President Joe Biden`s son will leave hospital on Thursday where he underwent a "successful procedure", the White House has said.
"Yesterday our son Beau underwent a successful procedure. He is in great shape and is going to be discharged tomorrow and heading home to Delaware," Biden and his wife Jill said in a statement yesterday.
"He will follow up with his local physicians in the coming weeks," the joint statement said.
No further details were made available by the White House.
White House Deputy Press Secretary Josh Earnest said Biden is still scheduled to join US President Barack Obama in Scranton tomorrow.
Beau Biden said he was touched by the support and would share any updates when he had them in a tweet on Tuesday.
In a statement, the Delaware Department of Justice also said the younger Biden was being briefed on state matters and would resume work upon return.
"This afternoon, Attorney General Beau Biden spoke with Chief Deputy Attorney General Ian McConnel and State Prosecutor Kathleen Jennings about several Department of Justice matters, including the office`s ongoing efforts to implement initiatives to combat violent crime in the City of Wilmington and New Castle County," it said.
Earlier in the week, the vice president travelled to Houston to be with his son.
Biden was admitted to a hospital last week after feeling weak and disoriented following a long drive to Indiana for a family vacation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day