South Africa bus crash kills 18, injures 27
Johannesburg: A South African official says a bus crash in the country`s southeast has killed 18 people. Three of them were elementary school children headed to a sports event.
Transportation department official Ncedo Kumbaca said two busses apparently collided head-on early today near the Eastern Cape town of Cradock. He says at least 27 people were injured, some of them severely.
Kumbaca had no further information on the victims` identity. Also, it was not immediately clear how many passengers the two busses carried in total.
Traffic accidents with high death tolls are common in South Africa, and are often blamed on negligent drivers and badly maintained roads. Last week, at least 25 people were killed when a truck was hit by a cargo train at a level crossing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon