Strauss-Kahn claimed diplomatic immunity
New York: Former IMF chief Dominique
Strauss-Kahn claimed diplomatic immunity when he was arrested
by the police over the attempted rape of a hotel maid here,
the American media reported.
"I have diplomatic immunity," Strauss-Kahn told the
police when they led him away from his Air France flight at
JFK airport on May 14.
"It`s not in this passport, I have a second passport.
Can I speak with someone from the French Consulate?" he told
the police, NBC News reported.
Strauss-Kahn, 62, allegedly forced the maid at the
Sofitel hotel in Manhattan to perform oral sex.
He was taken into custody a few minutes before his Air
France flight departed for Paris, earlier this month.
Strauss-Kahn`s statements are contained in a Voluntary
Disclosure Form given by prosecutors to defense lawyers and
filed by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance yesterday.
He also asked for a lawyer, according to the documents, and said that his handcuffs were tight.
"I would like to call my lawyer, Bill Taylor. I need
my cell phone," he told the police.
"My attorney has told me not to talk. I was ready to
talk," he later said.
Strauss-Kahn is presently under house-arrest in a USD
50,000 a month house. He has pleaded not guilty to charges of
sexually assaulting the maid.
"Is that necessary?" he asked a detective, referring
to the handcuff, The Wall Street Journal reported.
"Yes it is”, came the reply.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city