Suicide bombing in Kazakhstan, two killed
Almaty: A suicide bomber blew himself up outside the headquarters of the security services in the Kazakh capital Astana early Tuesday, killing two people, reports claimed on Tuesday.
A car with one or two people inside exploded outside the entrance to the headquarters at around 3:30 am (0130 GMT) and body parts of the passengers were blown out by the force of the blast, witnesses told the agency.
One witness showed the agency a video filmed on a mobile phone showing a headless body of a man lying around 10 metres (yards) from the centre of the explosion.
A press secretary for the KNB security services told the agency, however, that a car simply caught fire outside the entrance.
"A car just caught fire and blew up. Nothing special happened here. Any car can catch fire in any place," spokesman Kenzhebulat Beknazarov told the agency.
The blast came just days after a suicide bombing outside the headquarters of the security service in the northwestern Kazakh city of Aktobe on May 17, which wounded three people including a member of the security services.
Such attacks until now have been hugely rare in Kazakhstan, the most stable state in Central Asia which has been run since even before the fall of the Soviet Union by strongman President Nursultan Nazarbayev.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'