Suicide car bombing at Iraq school kills 3
Baghdad: At least three people were killed and 14 wounded in a suicide car bomb attack at a primary school in Iraq``s Anbar province on Monday, a provincial police source told News Agencies.
A suicide bomber drove his explosive-laden car into al-Kifah primary school in the city of Hit, some 160 km west of the capital Baghdad, killing two pupils and a female teacher and wounding 14 others, the source said on condition of anonymity.
Iraqi security forces sealed off the scene as ambulances and civilian cars evacuated the casualties, the news agencies said.
The blast caused severe damages to the school building and nearby buildings, the News agencies added.
The attack came as the schools in Iraq started their second day of the new school year after about three months of summer holiday.
Insurgent attacks continue in the once volatile Sunni Arab area in west of Baghdad that stretches through Anbar province to Iraq``s western borders with Syria, Jordan and Saudi Arabia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city