Suicide car bombing at Iraq school kills 3
Baghdad: At least three people were killed and 14 wounded in a suicide car bomb attack at a primary school in Iraq``s Anbar province on Monday, a provincial police source told News Agencies.
A suicide bomber drove his explosive-laden car into al-Kifah primary school in the city of Hit, some 160 km west of the capital Baghdad, killing two pupils and a female teacher and wounding 14 others, the source said on condition of anonymity.
Iraqi security forces sealed off the scene as ambulances and civilian cars evacuated the casualties, the news agencies said.
The blast caused severe damages to the school building and nearby buildings, the News agencies added.
The attack came as the schools in Iraq started their second day of the new school year after about three months of summer holiday.
Insurgent attacks continue in the once volatile Sunni Arab area in west of Baghdad that stretches through Anbar province to Iraq``s western borders with Syria, Jordan and Saudi Arabia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon