Sword-wielding man shot dead outside Malaysian PM`s office
Putrajaya: A sword-wielding man, who acted aggressively after being denied entry into the Prime Minister`s office here, succumbed to his injuries hours after he was shot by police, Xinhua reported Monday.
The half-naked man and a female suspect, who was seen wearing a black veil, had tried to enter Prime Minister Mohd Najib Abdul Razak`s office.
Police said they were forced to fire shots at them after they attacked vehicles parked outside the office. The prime minister was not in his office.
Putrajaya district police chief Abdul Razak Abdul Majid said the male suspect died in the hospital about three hours after the shooting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs