Syria crisis: 29 students and their teacher killed
Damascus: At least 29 students were killed along with their teacher Tuesday after their school building was hit by a mortar shell on the outskirts of Syria`s capital city of Damascus, Xinhua reported.
The mortar was fired by "terrorists", reported state-run SANA news agency, without giving any further details.
In separate incidents, three people were killed Tuesday after armed men fired multiple mortar shells at two towns in the countryside of the Homs province, media reports said.
The latest incidents have come amid ongoing clashes between the Syrian troops and rebel fighters in suburbs of the capital Damascus, including Daraya and other southern suburbs.
Opposition activists also reported heavy shelling by government troops on hotspots around Damascus and elsewhere in the conflict-torn country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof