Syrian Air Force conducts military drills
Moscow: The Syrian Air Force has conducted military exercises involving fighter and attack aircraft, state-run Sana news agency reported.
The drills were conducted on Tuesday. Sana said they simulated "real battle conditions", and continued a series of military exercises which began during last weekend.
During the drills, fighter jets performed tasks of repelling virtual counter air strikes, while bombing aircraft destroyed hostile targets with fire support from attack helicopters, Sana said.
The drills also included an airdrop behind proposed enemy lines.
Syria`s General Staff Chief Commander, General Fahd Jassem al-Freij, who attended the drills, praised the "successful performance" of the Air Force personnel and their "high morale", the report said.
During the weekend, Syria carried out naval drills that included the launching of rockets from ships with land-based support, aimed at rehearsing the repelling of a supposed attack by sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar