Syrian Air Force conducts military drills
Moscow: The Syrian Air Force has conducted military exercises involving fighter and attack aircraft, state-run Sana news agency reported.
The drills were conducted on Tuesday. Sana said they simulated "real battle conditions", and continued a series of military exercises which began during last weekend.
During the drills, fighter jets performed tasks of repelling virtual counter air strikes, while bombing aircraft destroyed hostile targets with fire support from attack helicopters, Sana said.
The drills also included an airdrop behind proposed enemy lines.
Syria`s General Staff Chief Commander, General Fahd Jassem al-Freij, who attended the drills, praised the "successful performance" of the Air Force personnel and their "high morale", the report said.
During the weekend, Syria carried out naval drills that included the launching of rockets from ships with land-based support, aimed at rehearsing the repelling of a supposed attack by sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"