Syrian Islamist rebels take over Aleppo infantry base
Washington: An Islamist faction of Syrian rebels has captured an infantry base in the northern city of Aleppo as they intensify their fight to oust President Bashar Assad’s regime.
The base was the second major Army installation taken by rebels in a week in Aleppo.
According to CBS News, it is fall is the latest blow to the Assad regime.
A statement by the al-Tawheed Brigade said the rebels ‘fully liberated’ the military facility in Aleppo on Saturday.
It was posted on al-Tawheed`s official website on Sunday and said the Islamist rebel brigade`s commander was killed in the battle.
According to the report, the Al-Tawheed Brigade is one of the largest rebel groups operating in Aleppo, Syria`s largest city, which has been a major front in the civil war since July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh