Syrian PM`s defection shows isolation of Assad: Italy
Rome: The defection Monday of Syrian prime minister Riyad Hijab demonstrates the "progressive isolation" of President Bashar al-Assad, Italian Foreign Minister Giulio Terzi said.
The defection was evidence of Assad`s increasing marginalisation that has launched the troubled country on the road to "implosion", Terzi said.
"It is a clear sign of how the violence committed towards his own country pushed his regime on the edge of an inexorable implosion," he said.
Hijab, who took the prime ministerial job in June following elections in the previous month, turned his back on Assad to join the opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray